Visitor Attraction Applications
Norxe offers the Exhibition industry bespoke solutions for some of their toughest projection challenges.
- Long Life, Low Maintenance
- True Solid-State
- Up to 5,000 RGB Lumens
- 24/7 reliability and Performance
- Superior Picture Quality
- Versatile Design Form and Function
Norxe meets these challenges with innovative industry first True Solid-State, long life-time, low maintenance projectors.
Using Solid-State illumination technology eliminates the need for color wheels and other moving parts within the optical engine. Brightness in color is significantly increased compared to other products available on the market. The optical engine and imaging device are sealed to prevent the impregnation of dirt and to eliminate the need for periodic cleaning. The Texas Instruments DMD has a lifetime of greater than 100,000 hours. The first service interval is due at 50,000 hours.
The optical engine and light sources are sealed, eliminating the need for periodical cleaning. The hermetically sealed DLP DMD has a typical lifetime of more than 100,000 hours. The first service interval is due at 50,000 hours.
Built to be shaken and stirred, to withstand many times the force of gravity. Mounted to motion platforms in any orientation. ‘Lens Lock’ technology allows the lens to be locked to the projector body. Lock the lens adjustment rings and lock the Lens body to 3rd party supports for extreme rigidity. 3G motion compatible.
3 resolutions, each with 2 modes (IR and non-IR) provide 6 possible configurations.
New generation LED illumination technology.
Brighter than any other LED projector on the market.
RGB LASER illumination technology.
The P1, P1+ and P2 are designed to be continuously run 24/7 in demanding conditions and are warranted for five years as standard.
Norxe projectors use High Resolution single chip DLP technology. Single chip DLP is a sequential colour technology. Solid-State illumination refresh rates are high, typically greater than 16x. Lamp based single chip colour wheel rotation / refresh rates by comparison are 2.5x to 3.0x, this can cause the colour breakup phenomenon commonly known as ‘rainbow’ effect. Laser phosphor based single chip colour wheel rotation / refresh rates are typically even lower (2.0x).
Because Solid-State illumination sources produce richer more saturated color the perception of brightness to the human eye is even greater than it’s physically measured brightness. It’s known as the Helmholtz-Kohlrausch effect. When the colors are more saturated, our eyes interpret it as the color’s luminance and chroma. This makes our eyes see the colors as brighter than they are physically measured.
Lens options comprise all glass, aspherical, no doublet optical elements & include ‘lens lock’ technology. Scheimpflug adjustment is a standard feature. Lens options are future proofed. Each has been designed to resolve 4K, 5.4 micron pixel pitch.
- N1 – 0.80 – 1.25:1 @ 4K UHD / WQXGA (0.74-1.16:1 @ WUXGA)
- N2 – 1.20 – 1.60:1 @ 4K UHD / WQXGA (1.12-1.50:1 @ WUXGA)
- N3 – 0.63:1 @ 4K UHD / WQXGA (0.59:1 @ WUXGA)
Lens focus, zoom (where applicable) & Iris on all lens options is motorised. Stepper motors are used throughout to ensure high degree positional accuracy.
Horizontal & Vertical Lens Shift is motorised. Stepper motors are used throughout to ensure high degree positional accuracy.
1,600:1 to 8,000:1 sequential contrast (full on / full off), greater than 5,000,000:1 dynamic contrast.
High Dynamic Range
Brightness 0.6kl to 5 kl.
- Dimming technology provides deep black levels whilst ensuring that image highlights are maintained.
Many factors are taken into consideration when designing Norxe projectors, not least the inclusion of IR to support Night Vision Goggle training scenarios. The default IR wavelength is 740 nm, other options are available upon request. 740 nm is the default wavelength because it provides good ANSI Contrast, reduces visible versus IR lens focus variation and removes the need for specialist IR optimised lens options.
Form and Function
- Small form factor and lightweight. P1 and P1+ dimensions (L x W x H) are 485 x 405 x 216.75 mm, weight is 17 kg excl. lens. P2 dimensions (L x W x H) are 488 x 505 x 241 mm, weight is 22.5 kg excl. lens.
- Central lens position and limitless orientation options make the process of designing a system with Norxe projectors much easier.
- Multiple fixing points (4 x M10 + 4 x M6) on the underside of the projector ensure installation versatility, these are especially useful when performing system upgrades.
- Accessory interface points (2 x M4 per corner) are available on each corner of the P1, P1+ and P2 chassis.
The P1 and P2 support 2 ms, 4 ms, 6 ms & 8 ms smear suppression + 8 ms Dark Frame Insertion.